I am sure you know some people seem to have the ability to create consistently compelling content effortlessly.
But for most, it’s a struggle! This is especially true if you are trying to be consistent with it (essential for SEO and branding).
And that’s why, in this article, I will show you a proven process Autymate.com uses to consistently publish high-quality content that will outperform any top competitor using AI without burning out.
My name is Bryan Perdue, the CEO of Autymate.com, and I am all about making business processes better, easier, and faster through automation. And my goal is to include you in our journey in creating the best process for our employees to make it cookie cutter to create consistent content that ranks on the first page of Google.
If your strategy has always been ‘write-high-quality-and-pray-it-will-rank’, this article will show you EXACTLY the technical aspects of ranking an article from the perspective of Google.
If you like this content, please show your gratitude by sharing it on your blog and social media (click the links to the left).
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is creating and sharing content to attract and retain customers. Content can take many forms, including blog posts, social media updates, infographics, and videos.
How to do content marketing in a 5-Minute Summary
Busy? Let's get to the meaty part.
- Identify a Topic. This can be a common problem your customers face or anything that you know is a common question everyone asks in your industry. We use Semrush's Keyword Magic tool to find the best target keywords. By best, we mean high-traffic, low-difficulty keywords, otherwise called 'low-hanging fruits' by SEO pros. You have a high chance of ranking for these keywords even without link building.
- Evaluate Subtopics. To make your blog article relevant and helpful for your audience, you want to write the best sub-topics. And we use Semrush's Topic Research tool for this.
- Create a Content template. Create a content template to track your focus keywords, and top competitors and set the stage for using AI to write your post.
- Write your blog using AI. Use the best tools on the market to write content using AI with Jasper, Surfer SEO for best practices, and Grammarly. Now that you have the basics let's create the blog! We use Jasper to write, and you can never tell it was written by AI. You'll have an article ready to review (and maybe even publish!) in under 15 minutes.
- Connect powerful content-writing tools to get your article perfect in the eyes of Google (and your users, of course!). We use a combination of Semrush, Jasper, Grammarly, and Surfer SEO to do this. You may use Ahrefs, Moz, or any other SEO tool instead of Semrush.
- Share on social media and start your link building!
Step 1: Find your topic and best target keywords
Use the Keyword Research tools in SemRush to find the keywords you want to focus on.
💡PRO TIP: To increase your chances of ranking your content right away (even without link building), only choose the low-hanging fruits: low keyword difficulty, high volume keywords.
Here's how to find low-hanging fruits:
- Open Chrome and search for keywords you think your target audience would use to find your brand or topic you are interested in writing about. Make a list of search terms.
- Then go to the Keyword Overview in Semrush and enter the list of search terms you jotted down and click "Analyze".
- Then find the one you like to focus on with a low Keyword Difficulty and a high traffic volume. This tutorial will choose "Accounting Automation," with high volume and low keyword difficulty.
- Click on the keyword you want to focus on for this article and notice that we will need optimized content and 50 referring domains to compete on this keyword. Now, let's drill into the different questions people ask and click on "View all 218 keywords."
- This will take you to the Keyword Magic Tool, which shows the various questions people are searching for about the topic "Accounting Automation". Let's save "will accounting be automated" to the Keyword Manager for later review by clicking on the + button.
*If you need help finding the right topic, check out "Automate Your | Process to Find the Right Topics and Keywords for your Niche (coming soon)".
Step 2: Identify your sub-topics
Now that we have decided on the topic "Accounting Automation," we will focus on the topic and break it down into subtopics and questions you should focus on. The final result of this step is to find the two keywords you should focus on.
How to do topic research:
- Open the Topic Research tool and enter "Accounting Automation". Review the sub-topics (Accounting Automation Tools).
- Now, we need to find the main subtopic we want to focus on. Our goal is to look for the relationship between the topic and the subtopic and what questions you should answer in the article.
- To do this, let's look at one of our competitors. Let's enter the domain of one of our competitors. This will show you the topics they focus on for the main Topic, "Accounting Automation".
2. Scroll down through the tiles and find a green one. The green tile indicates that the competitor focused on that keyword. Let's focus on "manual Data Entry" by hitting "Show more".
- Review the competitor's Headlines (articles) on the left and ask yourself what questions are not being answered in their article on the right and how you can better answer them.
- Let's add a few questions that we want to address by selecting them on the right by clicking the little checkbox.
Step 3: Create a Content Template
Once you have selected the topic, subtopic, and a few questions you want to answer, it is time to get some suggestions from Semrush on how to write the content.
How to create a content template:
- To create the content template, click on the "Favorite Ideas" tab.
- Select the questions you want to answer in your article and hit "Ctrl + c".
- Select the tile you created by selecting the questions in the "Content Ideas" tab and click the little document button on the right to create the content template. You can also add the content to the Semrush content calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
- Notice that Semrush has selected two keywords to focus on 1) the main topic keyword "Accounting Automation, and 2) the sub-topic keyword "Accounting Automation Tools". Copy the two keywords to your clipboard by selecting them and hitting "Ctrl + C" and then select "Create SEO Template" to continue.
- This creates an SEO Content Template for the two keywords, which helps write the content (or prepare a brief for another writer).
The SEO Content Template analyzes each keyword's top 10 search results and provides actionable ideas for your content's keywords, readability, length, backlinks, and other critical aspects.
- Review the two keywords' content suggestions and the top articles.
Notice the basic recommendations for page title, meta description, H1, and TEXT.
- Select the go-to link for the top competitors for each keyword and try to find your favorite article to model.
- Copy the link in Chrome for your favorite article
- Go back to SemRush and select the "Real-time Content Check" tab.
- Click "Import text from web".
- Hit "Ctrl + V" and paste in the URL of your favorite article to model.
- Copy our template below labeled "AI Template for Writing an Article" in the last section of this article. *(jump to the template)*
- Enter your name for the Author and the tone of voice you want for the article.
- Review the article and write down observations you observe about your competitor's weak points in the article. In this article, we can observe 1) the Content does not target our keywords, 2) readability can be more straightforward, and 3) The Word count can be reduced to 1,250 keywords with focused content on keywords.
- When done looking at the competitors. Write a brief description of what you are going to write about.
- Click share document.
- Click on 'Copy link'.
- Select the text " 1-GoogleDoc" in links and hit "Ctrl+K" to add a hyperlink to the links section.
- Copy this template when you write an article. Click Create SEO Template and look at the recommendations below to see how you can score higher than the competitors based on recommendations.
Step 4: Add to Calendar
Schedule the post in your content calendar to track its progress.
We use Monday.com for our social media tracking, but you can also use the Semrush Marketing Calendar. To learn more about our process for managing your blog see this <blog (coming soon)>.
Now go to Steps 5 and 6 click this link How to Autymate Your Content Marketing in 6 Steps - Write Using AI and learn how to write your blog using AI.
And that is it! Now, it's your turn to write high-quality articles with AI and outperform your competitors with half the effort. It might take time to get used to, but there's no stopping you once you get into the flow.
Content marketing is an essential part of any digital strategy, but it can be tricky to create high-quality content without time and effort. Combining Semrush, Jasper, and ServerSeo for Content automation allows you to generate large amounts of quality content in a fraction of the time while still maintaining your voice and tone.
Also if you are interested in Automating your Accounting as well? Check out Autymate. Autymate Transactions for QuickBooks Online is the easiest way to get data in and out of QuickBooks -> Learn more.